The Firearms Technology Museum
The Story of our Museum
The Museum was established
in Sydney, Australia by Kerry and Carol Guerin in 1985. In 1988 the museum was relocated
to the historic village of Carcoar in the central west of New South Wales, with
the Museum reopening in the banking chamber of the old Commercial Bank on the 26th of November.
In August 2001 the museum was again relocated, this time to Orange N.S.W. and at
the same time changed to an online museum and placed on the web
so that the information we have collected would be available to everyone.
The firearms and artefacts have been collected over the past 30 years and many of
the weapons in the museum were made by the English gunmaker, William Tranter
(1816-1890). The Tranter weapons database contains information on approximately
Tranters from around the world and with help from fellow collectors the Tranter weapons survey will
to this database in the future.
There are still some areas of the site to be completed but we thought it was
more important to get up and running, we will continue to update as information
comes to hand.